Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brief summary of life of a Senior Team Capatin Basketball Player

+My senior year basketball season was a blur to me. I remember when season first started I was unsure on what to do. I came in being team captain for two years and thinking that I had to play basketball for myself. Basketball practices started off as me ball hogging the ball and making as many points as I could. I knew I could make all my shots so I never considered passing the ball to my team mates. After evaluating the way I have been playing I realized I had to sacrifice me being "Kobe Bryant" and give the team more opportunities and to trust them throughout the game. I gained a better understanding of a captain and how to be a better player by having conversations with my Coach about the team. Half way through the season I made a decision to not only play for me but to play for my team as well. I made a promise to myself that I would be there for my team no matter what, even if it meant to give up the winning shot, sit the bench, pass instead of shooting, as long as we received a win. The varsity basketball team this year wasn't just a team to me but a family. I gained so much respect for each of them and loved this season so much despite the differences we all had. Coach Lynch was honestly the best coach I could ever have. Even if he was mean to me at times I realized he only wanted me to grow better as an individual. He taught me how to pick myself up when bad things happen in life, he is like my second father. I gained so much respect for him throughout the season and even though I know I am his favorite he will always be my favorite coach. Life of basketball player is horrible but I love it so much. I realized that having a role of a team captain is a big responsibility and to embrace your talent that was given to you should be shown.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment